Monday, June 17, 2013

Barcelona - Bar Pinotxo


Bar Pinotxo is one of the more famous tapas bars in La Boqueria market and Barcelona given it has been featured on many TV shows.  They charge premium pricing given the location in La Boqueria, but I still thought it was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences I had in Spain.

Juanito Bayen, the friendly owner, in his signature thumbs up pose
There were a couple dishes I thought were stand out and I will need to trek back to have them again or try to make them at home.

Chickpeas with blood sausage, pine nuts, and raisins.  When I try to make this at home, I will be using chorizo or some other sausage.  Blood sausage was great in this dish, but it is a bit tough to find.




Xuixo is a croissant like pastry dough that is deep fried and filled with cream.  My description and picture don't do the pastry justice.



Hash brown with grilled and melted tomino del boscaiolo cheese.



Bar Pinotxo
Rambla de Sant Josep  Mercat de la Boqueria, 466-470, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...