Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lunch with a view #2 in Chamonix

Given we had proven how tough we were with our previous hike up a mountain for four hours straight, we took a lift up to do a traversing hike in search of Lac Blanc.  Here is a nice view on the way there.


Lac Blanc translates to white lake and you can see why it named that from the mountain lodge restaurant view.

I was expecting chunks of vegetables in the vegetable soup.  It was more a vegetable broth, but still hit the spot given it was chilly.

The next two dishes I don't remember specifics on.  They look too similar.  Most French Alpine cuisine is based on cheese, bread, potatoes, and bacon.  They tasted great at the time, but now that I have been eating healthy in Vienna and Turkey for two weeks, my chest hurts just thinking about the richness of the food in Chamonix!



As we hiked after lunch, Laura ventured off into the other side of an alpine lake to capture the Professor and me in the distance.

I needed a water break and saw a nice green grass field peppered with a couple streams and a waterfall.  That seemed like an ideal resting location to me.  The professor and Laura with their infinite supply of energy decided to detour closer to the waterfalls.  They got this picture.


I decided to set up a "tent" right off the hiking path to rest and tan my always white feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...